Vietnam's seafood exports reached about 3.2 billion USD in 2019

Activity Events
Vietnam's seafood exports reached about 3.2 billion USD in 2019

Seafood exports increased mainly in other markets, while exports to the EU market decreased by 11.5%, of which tuna decreased by 11%, squid, octopus decreased by 20% and from the largest seafood import market. 2 of Vietnam, the EU has dropped to the 5th after the US, Japan, South Korea and China. This result reflects the consequences of IUU gold card on Vietnam's seafood export in recent years. EU is currently the second largest tuna import market after the US, accounting for 19% of Vietnam's tuna exports. For squid, EU octopus is the third market after South Korea and Japan, accounting for 12%.

Exports of squid and octopus in 2019 decreased 13% to 585 million USD, not only in the EU market but also in all markets. The source of raw materials is scarce and difficult to compete with other supplies in the import markets, causing continuous export declines.

Tuna: As of November this year, Vietnam's tuna export reached 668.9 million USD, up 12% over the same period last year, of which tuna code HS 03 increased 23.7%, HS code tuna 16 reduction of 0.7%. Vietnam exports the most is frozen loin / phile tuna with 342.5 million USD, followed by canned tuna with 167.2 million USD, other processed products of about 117.3 million USD, the remaining is fish fresh / frozen tuna with over 41.2 million USD.

The US is still the largest tuna import market of Vietnam, accounting for 44.5% of Vietnam's total tuna export value to markets. As of November this year, Vietnam's tuna exports to the US grew well by 42.6% to 297.6 million USD. EU is the second largest import market, accounting for 19.2%. Among the three largest import markets in the EU (Spain, Italy, the Netherlands), tuna exports to Italy increased and exports to the other two markets decreased.

Squid, octopus: In the first 11 months of 2019, Vietnam's squid and octopus exports reached US $ 531.2 million, down 12.5% ​​over the same period last year. As of November this year, Vietnam's squid and octopus exports only increased in January and March 2019, the remaining months decreased.

Of the total squid and octopus structure of Vietnam, octopus accounts for a higher proportion with 51.1% and the remaining squid accounts for 48.9%. Vietnam still mainly exports live / fresh / frozen squid and octopus products (accounting for 71%), while processed products are still low (29%).

South Korea is still the largest market for Vietnam's squid and octopus, accounting for 39.9% of Vietnam's total export of squid and octopus to markets. As of November this year, squid and octopus exports to Korea reached US $ 211.8 million, down 11.6% over the same period in 2018.

Japan, Vietnam's second largest import market of squid and octopus, imported US $ 130.7 million of squid and octopus from Vietnam in the first 11 months of this year, down 5.9% compared to the same period in 2018.

Facebook Linkedin Instagram Zalo

Copyright © 2020 TAN TIEN DUNG

Designed by Viet Wave